Sunday, October 28, 2007

Don't Wait For Me (Poem)

Don’t Wait For Me

I’m not asking you to stay.
I’m not asking you to go.
But which ever way you run
then there’s something you should know.
I can’t give you my heart,
‘cause it’s not mine anymore.
It’s not fair for me to promise you
a prize behind the door.
I can’t leave you sitting there, so patiently.
Don’t wait for me.

Well, I’ve tried to open up.
Yes, I’ve tried to let you in.
You’re a good man, and I want more
than to be just friends.
But I still see his handsome face
when I close my eyes.
I still hunger for his touch, alone.
I won’t tell you no lies.
You deserve so much more than what we’d be.
Don’t wait for me.

I know you’re a treasure
sent from God above.
But I learned long ago
you can’t choose who you love.
And though he’s long gone now,
I still cannot break free.
So, don’t wait for me.

No comments: