Thursday, July 19, 2012

Absence Makes The Heart Grow Forgetful

It's been a very long time since I have posted. I feel like I've come face-to-face with an old lover, no longer familiar and close, yet more than strangers. It would be easier, I think, if this was all new to me. I wouldn't have this awkward space to fill between my last post and this one. How did life get so far away from me? I'm not sure where to begin. Do I continue on with my story or start anew? Do I try to capture the magic that I once had, or pray that the newest of tales catches fire?

I guess I should begin by saying that Handsome and I got married. After four years of what ifs and maybes, we dove in and said our "I do's" just this last Christmas. Our honeymoon consisted of packing all of our belongings and moving to a new base. And I wouldn't recommend anyone starting a marriage that way. Of course, wedding bands aside, our relationship was old shoe at this point. Four years of remodeling a house, raising kids, fighting with ex's, working until we drop, custody exchanges, fighting, loving, crying, laughing. Well, there just wasn't much more to learn about each other by relocating to another state. No, as magic as it was to walk down the aisle towards him, my life didn't really change. It's still what you would see if the Brady Bunch was a real family with a reality show. The Kardashians would envy my drama. I just want to give it away or hide from it.

I did finally finish my poetry book. I was beginning to wonder if it would ever come to pass. I swear, it's like giving birth, maybe even harder because there's no one there with handy drugs to numb the pain. Finally, after 15 years of labor, I decided that I had to hit the accept button on my manuscript and turn it loose in the world. And in case anyone has followed my blog and is in love with my poetry, here's the website to purchase my book: https://www.createspace.com/3510658. The title is Unspoken, and there are many of the old familiar favorites along with some tasty new ones. I'm sure there are also a few errors, but that's always been part of my charm. A beautiful mess, that's what I be.

Anyway, the next step in my writing journey is to publish my book in Kindle format. Then, I'm entertaining the notion of writing a novel based loosely on my life. I'm thinking Modern Day Brady as a title. It does have a slight ring to it, does it not? The question is whether to start it with Handsome or Sexy. Of course, names will have to be changed in order to protect the...uhm...innocent. Or not so innocent. Who am I kidding? I'm also thinking of doing it like my blog, with journal type entries and sporadic poetry throughout. It's not like the two leading men in my life haven't inspired quite a bit of it.

Well, just some thoughts. I'm not sure if I'm ready to take the challenge of becoming an author once again. For now, I'm just going to enjoy what little peace I can cling to in the wake of this last challenge. Still, I'm curious to see if anyone has any thoughts about this new idea. Think it would do well?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why not leave the past alone? You ruined relationships, Sexy lied to you constantly & used the same lines & washed all his girlfriends hair, gave them sexy massages, etc. you weren't special, you were just one of many he used. Be happy with what you have. Don't give him the satisfaction. He's read your blog & laughed at you. Leave it in the past.

Anonymous said...

Wow, not sure who left the anonymous message, but it's a lie. Yep, it's me and the comment is obviously from someone with an ax to grind. Anita was always special to me and I don't ever regret the time I spent with her. And, I never laughed about anything that happened in our relationship. Bitter anyone?!?