Thursday, September 25, 2008

Jog Journal

September 11, 2008

Jog # 5: I jogged for another 15 minutes this morning. I know I should have tried to push it to 20, but I wanted to make sure that I had plenty of time to get back to the house to prepare to get the girls ready for school. Not to mention, it started to sprinkle the last couple minutes of my run.

Anyhoo, I’m feeling slightly bruised right now. I’m pretty sore from doing all this physical labor around the house (hauling bathrooms up and down stairs, unloading the demolition waste at the dump by myself, climbing up and down the stairs to do laundry, etc.). The running eased the stiffness for a while, but only added to it later. However, I have noticed that my shoulder has finally eased a little.

I’m not sure if I’m going to run tomorrow. I know I should, but I am still pretty stiff. I do know that, run or not, I need to find a new route to run. The same ol’ laps are getting boring and I need to add a few smaller hills to it (much as I hate to). Right now it’s pretty level.

Then again, maybe I shouldn’t change it. Handsome said that after I work myself up to 30 minutes, we’d start working on speed. According to the Army, a woman in my age bracket should be able to run 2 miles in 18 minutes or under. Seriously, 2 miles gets so much longer the faster you take it.

Anyway, time to quite complaining and try to work out my aching muscles in the shower. I need heat! And hey, soap wouldn’t hurt either, lol!

No comments: