Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Curiouser, and curiouser, as Alice likes to put it.

I've been spiraling down a rabbit hole of late. I've found myself topsy-turvy in a land where not much makes sense. But, for the first time in the past couple of weeks, I have started seeing the devil behind the halo.

I've had this issue with my cell phone lately. For some reason, it doesn't seem to want to hold a charge, even with a full battery. That in itself is not strange. The fact that the new fella wants to buy me a new phone isn't even that odd. At least, not until I went through my address book on the old phone.

You see, if I keep give it a full charge and keep it on the charger, I can access the stuff on my phone for a few minutes. When I did that just recently, I noticed that I was missing a couple of entries in the address book. Two for certain. The thing is, they had the same name. It's the name of my ex. Sexy, and someone else with his name, have been deleted from the address book, and I'm not responsible.

I suppose it's my suspicious nature, but I can't help but wonder if the new guy deleted them and has offered to buy me a phone and put it on his account so that he can keep track of the people I call. On one hand, I can't blame the guy after he told me what his ex put him through when he was serving in Iraq. On the other hand, I did not give him permission to do this. In fact, he didn't ask permission or even mention the desire to do this. So, if he did indeed take this action, I find it very upsetting. I haven't even talked to Sexy in like a month. Not since the last time I saw him. Well, except for one text message where he asked me if I was having fun and I reassured him that I was.

So, now I find myself questioning everything about the new guy. What is he after and what is he willing to do to get it? How many lines will he cross and is trust going to always be an issue between us? Will I just end up paying for the sins of the women before me again?

I suppose I'll just have to ask him and find out, but I'm not feeling very comfortable right now. I don't like this. Even the fact that this could be the case doesn't sit well with me. So, tell me, am I wrong to be concerned?

No comments: