Sunday, July 22, 2007

A Better Deal (Poem)

A Better Deal


Baby, Baby,
look at my tears.
Do you think
that they aren’t real?
Do you think
that I’m too shallow;
that love is
something I can’t feel?

Baby, Baby,
look at my pain.
It’s written
all over my face.
Do you feel
a bit of remorse?
Of regret,
is there a trace?

Well, I can’t understand it,
it is true.
Is a broken heart and goodbye,
all I get from you?
I never said I’m perfect,
but I was always real.
But, all you ever wanted
was a better deal.

Baby, Baby,
have a heart.
How can you
stand there while I cry?
Did my love
mean nothing to you?
Was forever
just a lie?

Baby, Baby,
give it up.
Do you have
to act so cool?
Gives me shivers
the way you look through me.
I can’t believe
I’m such a fool.

Well, I don’t understand it,
it is true.
Is a broken heart and goodbye,
all I get from you?
I gave you everything I had.
So, tell me, do you feel
like you will really find
a better deal?

2 comments:

SleekPelt said...

Very nice, Anita!

Ashlee said...

Hey... I'm missing my new poems :) Let me know about skydiving... it is in about a week!