Friday, August 3, 2007

Casting Stones

It's been a while since my last post. Life just runs away with you, doesn't it? I feel like I have to schedule time to eat and breathe any more. Of course, some of this is my fault. It would help if I didn't spend all of my spare time in the evenings chasing my fella, but it's just so much fun. Lately, we've been spending a lot of time behaving like a couple of hormone driven teenagers. No public venue is safe! Seems kinda funny when I think about it. I approached every relationship before this with maturity and responsibility. Now, I'm behaving like every moment we're together without our tongues lodged down each other's throat is a wasted moment. Funny how this relationship is more solid than the previous ones. Ours is not a conventional romance, and I thank my lucky stars.

Anyway, it was one of these moments with my gent that provided me with tonight's topic. My Sexy and I were standing outside his apartment when I asked him if he wanted to browse through the local adult store. Just so you don't misunderstand, I didn't issue this invitation because my whip is frayed and my dildo busted. I didn't plan on picking up a video involving loose women and farm animals. All I had in mind was massage oils, possibly an ostrich feather or those dice that give you some suggestions on the various ways you can pay attention to various parts of the body. Quite simply, my boy and I don't need much extra. We strike sparks between us with a look. However, Sexy thought this was a bad idea. Seems that a Baptist minister and his wife live nearby and take shifts with their binoculars. Apparently, they are gathering the plate numbers of every vehicle that visits this establishment to post on a website.

So, instead of spending a couple of bucks on a bottle of oil and a relaxing evening indoors (for a change), we sneak up to his folks house, park down the street, tip-toe through their yard, quietly remove our clothes and go for a swim in the pool behind their house. Like I said, being with him is like being a teenager all over again, only this time, more fun. We splashed around a lot, woke up the neighborhood dogs (which proceeded to bark like mad) and had a glorious time. Thank goodness his parents have double paned glass in their windows, or things could've become very embarrassing, very quickly.

So, a couple of days has passed now. I was just thinking today that I still need to get some massage oil. I know, I know, oils and lotions are everywhere. I don't need to patron an adult store for this. However, I'm very picky when it comes to a purchase of this nature. I love giving massages. I do my best work when I have the right tool. I also have a sensitivity to certain smells. Sweet smells make me sick to my stomach. Musky smells do the same. I prefer something more earthy for this. Plus, you have to get massage oil. Lotion just doesn't work the same and can have unpleasant side effects. So, best place to find what I'm looking for without spending an arm and a leg? An adult store, of course. And guess what?! There's one conveniently located near me. Only, if I go there, my plate number is going to end up on the Internet. And while I'm not embarrassed to walk into a store like this, I do see how having this advertised could cause me problems in the future. A prospective employer, for example, might make an incorrect assessment of my character based on this info.

I find this situation a little bothersome, not because I'm blocked from getting what I want (I'm really not after all) but because it's a minister that is doing this. Hypocrites are my biggest pet-peeve. This man and his wife are casting stones at strangers because they are different from them. They are trying to wound other human beings because they don't agree with what these people purchase. Hell, they're not even trying to find out what these people purchase! They simply want to hurt them based on the doors they walk through. This minister is teaching a code of ethics that he's not living by, and it makes me mad.

I wish I could come face to face with this minister. I would have one sentence to say to him: "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone!" Okay, I'd have more to say to him than that. I'd also tell him that the position of "Judge for all Mankind" has been filled a long time ago by someone far more qualified than he. Then, I'd point out that he and I are not that different. I like giving massages because people bear their "crosses" on their backs, most often than not. By this, I mean that the stress from carrying their burdens end up directly in their back muscles. By something as simple as a back massage, you can help lift people of their burdens, even for a short amount of time. A gentle touch and a thoughtful act make people feel loved and more capable of facing their challenges. They're more likely to have a positive attitude when receive even a simple pleasure like this. They're also more likely to spread their good fortune around and help lighten someone else's burden. Basically, I'm making the world a better place, one back at a time. I'm using the skills that God gave me to make a difference in the lives of others. But do you think the minister thinks of this? Nope, he casts a stone at this lowly sinner and thinks his own pious soul is untouchable. He tells others how to be good Christians but doesn't look in the mirror.

I can see how he could take offense to an adult store. I am not criticizing his dislike of it. If his belief is that it is wrong, then he must hold firm to his beliefs. In other words, don't visit the place if you don't want to be there. However, he should also keep in mind that there are those who differ from him in their beliefs. It doesn't make them wrong, just different. Even if his beliefs are the right ones, that doesn't give him the right to judge the beliefs of others. At the end of the day, he is human and flawed, just like the rest of us. We have been designed to be flawed. It is up to our own selves to be aware of our flaws and rectify them. The only thing else we should do is be tolerant of the flaws that others possess. And do NOT be a hypocrite! In fact, let's make it a commandment. Thou shalt not point fingers and avoid the mirror.

2 comments:

Ashlee said...

... one word... AMEN! LOL.. are you talking about shackles? I heard that about that place too.

Unknown said...

I guess that's what it's called. I haven't had the chance to check it out yet. I'm going to see if I can find the offensive site in question and post my opinion. I doubt it will make a difference, but it would be fun anyway. Oh, sorry about not getting back with you about the skydiving. Things have been mondo crazy lately.