Friday, November 30, 2007

My New Friend

I'm having a pretty odd day today. The morning started off swiftly and pleasantly enough. I made it to work on time, again. I surprise myself by how quickly I get to work now. Of course, it's all highway traffic from point A to point B.

It was after I had been working a while that the weirdness began. About two hours into my workday, a regular client came in. Normally, this is nothing to be wary of, but this particular client has a tendency to stalk the female employees at the office, and guess who his new favorite person is!

Thankfully, the rest of the personnel in the office are growing quite fond of me and took and interest in my well-being in this matter. Before he could weasel his way into my personal life, they threw up the walls and told this particular gentleman that he is not allowed to bother me. I feel so warm and fuzzy. It's really nice that my co-workers look out for me. My supervisor also assigned me to tasks that would keep me out of contact distance with him. He wasn't able to talk to me, so I'm hoping that it may have nipped it in the bud. Of course, one of the guys here told stalker dude that I'm married, so now I have to go out to the jewelry store tonight and find me something that will pass as a wedding band. Still, it could be much worse. I am getting a nice ring and avoiding a bad stalker this way. I like to think of it as an opportunity.

Well, I have three more hours until my day ends. I really have nothing to do but twiddle my fingers. I've finished taping up the emergency exit strategies. I've made sure all the fliers are well stocked. I've got all the packets made up and labels printed. I'm basically a free woman for a few hours, except for the fact that I have to stay here. I just wish this dang computer had solitaire on it. That's pretty mean of the administrators to block all the games. This is going to be a really long three hours.

No comments: