Saturday, June 30, 2007

Sunlight In My Rain

Disclaimer: I wrote this Friday morning in Word, then promptly fell asleep after. Reading this again as I post, I realized that some might not wish to know this much about me. There's nothing vulgar about this post, however, if you can't hear something about a person's personal life and still look them in the eyes, read no further.


Last night was one of the best nights of my life. It definitely ranks in the top three. What makes last night so special? I’m glad you asked. I went to visit my significant other after a long, hard day, and we played in the rain for a couple few hours. After which, he was concerned about me being too cold (which I definitely wasn’t), so he nudged me into the shower and washed me from head to toe. I particularly loved when he washed my hair. He washed my hair, ladies! How sexy is that?

At this point, I had about all the yummy I could take while still standing. I started getting woozy, so he laid me down, towel dried me, brought me a cold drink, and massaged my back, all the while telling me how special I am.

I can hear the feminine sighs of envy now, and the male snickers. But, let me tell you, boys, he is more man than any guy has a right to be. He can go from caveman to Casanova in a nanosecond. I am so, so, SO lucky.

Last night makes me wonder a few things, though. Like, why hasn’t the rest of the male population caught onto this? Don’t they understand the benefits they would reap from a few romantic gestures? Relationships are like karma, what goes around comes around. With such little effort, my boy toy has just earned himself a batch of homemade cookies and an exotic dance. Lucky him. Not to mention, I’m more confident about his feelings for me, therefore I won’t need to constantly be attached to him as confirmation of said feelings. Last, but not least, he now gets to beat his chest and talk shop about how he turned his younger girlfriend into a human jello mold. I also get to brag about how my fella melted every bone in my body. It’s a win/win situation.

Don’t get me wrong. This should definitely not be an every day occurrence. First of all, I don’t think my body could take it. I may still be young and fit, but I’m getting older every day. Most importantly, it takes something out of it if you expect it. It’s the spontaneity that makes it so special, the rarity that gives it value.

I’m telling you, I definitely feel valued. I also feel tired. Very, very tired. Thank goodness I’m all by myself and responsibility free today, ‘cuz I’m going back to bed. Goodnight, y’all.

1 comment:

SleekPelt said...

I clicked on 'Next Blog' and it randomly brought me here. Congratulations on this. I don't know you, but I'm happy for you anyway.